Askina Scar Repair 10x18cm (5 pieces) Soft Silicone Sheet for Scar Management
- Did you know that any injury, burn or surgical incision that affects the deeper layers of the skin will result in the formation of scar tissue?
- Did you know that there is a 50% risk of developing a hypertrophic scar after any surgical procedure such as a caesarean section?
- Did you know that keloids are hypertrophic scars that have gotten out of control?
- Did you know that children and young adults are at greater risk of developing hypertrophic scars?
All of us have at least one hypertrophic scar, from some vaccine we had when we were children, although it is certainly not particularly obvious. But things get complicated every time we are injured in the deeper layers of the skin where when the wound is closed a complex process of cell regeneration continues which often leads to excessive collagen production, creating a hypertrophic scar.
Although a hypertrophic scar does not go beyond the limits of the original wound, it is always possible to turn into a keloid even after years for many and various reasons with the main ones being:
- heredity and
- exposure to the sun
During this phase of epidermal re-modelling of a closed wound, scar progression can be positively affected simply by using silicone sheets, such as the Askina Scar Repair silicone adhesive pads for scars and keloids, from B Braun.
Askina Scar Repair are self-adhesive silicone patches designed for the prevention and treatment of hypertrophic scars and keloids and are the only non-invasive preventive and therapeutic measure with sufficient scientific data to support evidence-based recommendations.
- Notified to the National Organization for Medicines (EOF) and the European Medicines Agency
- With published clinical studies
- With international ISO certifications
Thanks to the properties of the Askina Scar Repair series of silicone sheets, it is possible to maintain the optimal level of hydration in the area of the scar, positively affecting the healing process below the surface of the skin and also preventing the formation of hypertrophic scar tissue.
Askina Scar Repair is indicated from the very first day for:
- Healed post-surgical scar (such as C-section)
- A healed wound
- Burn in epithelization stage
preventing the creation of hypertrophic and keloid scars.
Even if they are created, it is the only truly effective non-invasive means of managing these scars. Strategic advantages of silicone sheets over silicone gels are the continuous treatment 24 hours a day and the protection of the scar from its greatest enemy, the ultraviolet sun radiation.
Finally, it is worth noting that apart from the increased efficiency, it is the most economical non-invasive treatment.