B Braun Prontosan Wound Gel X Amorphous Viscous Gel with Polyexanide and Betaine
Prontosan Wound Gel X is an advanced version of Prontosan Wound Gel. It contains a unique combination of antimicrobial agents that make it even more effective in helping to resist microbial colonization and prevent infection in high-risk wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers or bedsores. It also softens necrotic tissue facilitating self-cleansing
Combination with Prontosan Wound Irrigation Solution for Greater Effectiveness
All wounds should first be flushed and cleaned with Prontosan Wound Irrigation Solution so that Prontosan Wound Gel X remains in the wound until the next dressing change. This helps to have a long-lasting effect. For wound healing, it is necessary to first remove the crust of necrotic & fibrous tissue as well as the biofilm, in order to keep the wound moist for a longer period of time. For this task, Prontosan Wound GEL X provides the optimal solution.
When to use Prontosan Wound GEL X?
It comes in 50g and 250g tubes and is extra thick. Ideal for large surface area wounds (eg leg ulcers and decubitus ulcers), all burns including 3rd and 4th degree and wounds requiring large amounts of GEL.
More specifically, it can be used for cleaning, moisturizing and disinfecting skin wounds and burns and in:
- Traumatic wounds
- Postoperative wounds
- Chronic skin ulcers (eg venous, diabetic or pressure ulcers)
- Thermal injuries
- Chemical injuries
- Injuries caused by radiation
- 3rd and 4th degree burns.
Correct Application of Prontosan Wound GEL X
- B Braun Prontosan Wound Gel X Amorphous Viscous Gel with Polyexanide and Betaine
- For large wounds apply a 3-4 mm thick layer of Prontosan Wound Gel X and cover with a bandage
- For application to deep wounds, wound cavities and hard-to-reach areas, apply a 3-5 mm layer of Prontosan Wound Gel and cover with a bandage
Useful Information about Prontosan Wound GEL X
STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store +5 to +30 °C
LIFETIME: 36 months
STABILITY: Can be used up to 8 weeks after first opening