Patients with indwelling urinary catheters are at high risk of developing complications such as infection and encrustation. In turn, these complications can lead to blockage and leakage of urine and the patient may require emergency removal of the catheter. As the majority of patients living with an indwelling catheter are elderly or people with long-term disabilities, this may have a significant impact on their quality of life as the unnecessary removal of the catheter can be both embarrassing and painful. It is not difficult to imagine the effect of repeated catheter removal on patients who lack mobility and the ability to look after themselves.
For the first time in the Greek medical supplies market, Traumacare presents the Uro-Tainer® technology and solutions, that can be used in clinical practice to manage encrustation and debris formation as well as bacterial decolonization of indwelling urinary catheters, in order to prevent these dangerous complications and maximize the life of the catheter together with patient comfort and quality of life.
Uro-Tainer® range provides maximum safety and comfort to the patient as:
– the device has a simple and safe operating mode (gravity as sole input and output force)
– it is a completely closed system
– the universal catheter tip is sterile and has an attached protective cap
– the exterior of the device is sterile when the package is opened
– It can be easily used by healthcare professionals as well as by the patient himself.
The choice of Uro-Tainer® device and solution used depends on the needs of the individual patient.